Saturday, February 20, 2016

6 month update: still trying to conceive

So, Drew and I have been trying to conceive now since August 2015. I thought for sure I'd be pregnant by now - so, needless to say, I am a little disappointed. Drew and I have been accumulating baby stuff. At first we said that we would wait until I actually got pregnant before physically acquiring stuff. But we are constantly checking Kijiji (our favorite store) and we keep coming up on free stuff! So, we take it. Our storage room downstairs is half-full with items including a crib, change table, dresser, bassinet, swing, vibrating chair and a play pen.
  I am 33 years old, so I guess it's no surprise that it's taking a little longer than expected. I have some friends where it took 9 months to a year and a half before it happened to them. I just need to be patient and wait my turn. It will come... eventually.... I hope.
  I can't wait to join mommy groups in my community. I wish there were pre-mommy groups - groups of women/couples who are trying to conceive but just aren't quite there yet supporting each other through the first leg of the journey. That's one of the reasons why I started this blog.
  No egg meeting sperm just yet - but you'll all be among the first people who find out when I do get pregnant.


No comments:

Post a Comment